Clone CI/CD pipeline to the same target or securely between a new or other existing target.
several situations, you might want to move a deployed CI/CD pipeline from one target to another one. On
Elestio, you can safely
move a pipeline between targets even if the pipeline contains data. Let's
consider a few situations:
Your CI/CD target is overloaded (too much CPU/RAM usage)
You want to move a workload from one location to another
Your CI/CD target is down
In all those situations you will want to move some or all of your pipelines to another CI/CD target (new or existing one).
Move a CI/CD Pipeline to another CI/CD
1) From the Elestio dashboard, click on in the left menu then click on your pipeline to open the overview.
2) Click on the
Move Pipeline button From there
indicate if you want to move your pipeline to new infrastructure or existing infrastructure.
select Existing infrastructure you have to select in the list the existing CI/CD target, for a new infrastructure you will have to indicate the Provider / Region / VM Size to create.
Moving a pipeline to an existing CI/CD target is FREE.
move a pipeline we are automating those operations:
- Do a fresh backup of your data on S3 (Backups must be activated before
movingyour pipeline) Shutting downthe app stack of the pipeline.
infrastructureonly): Deploying a new VM that will be used as the new CI/CD target
- Deploy the pipeline (from source or from docker registry) on the
- Restore the latest backup we took at step one from S3
- Check if the pipeline is running correctly on the new target, if not cancel the operation and send a warning email
Change the DNS entry to point to the new target IP address
- Send a confirmation email when the pipeline is
The whole process usually takes less than 3 minutes, but it can last longer
if there is a lot of data to back up/restore.